TRISA Announces 2022 Roadmap
TRISA has released its 2022 roadmap with ambitious goals to grow the network through strategic partnerships, greater community engagement, and improved user experience (UX) and interoperability. The roadmap includes a comprehensive product vision statement along with quarterly initiatives.
Product Vision Statement
By the end of 2022, TRISA will be the Travel Rule standard as cryptocurrency adoption becomes mainstream and institutional interest grows. VASPs, regulators, advisors, and developers will know TRISA as the open source, interoperable, decentralized solution for Travel Rule compliance. The Global Directory Service (GDS) will become an integrated directory service system with a streamlined registration and certificate issuance process, an improved user interface, integrations with multiple Travel Rule providers, enhanced documentation, robust security and privacy, and an emerging self-sustaining business model. TRISA will benefit key stakeholders in the community:
- VASPs will be able to seamlessly register, message, and host their own TRISA node.
- Regulators will understand TRISA’s implementation and seek TRISA’s thought leadership.
- Developers will be able to contribute to open source repos and offer technical services.
- Advisors to VASPs (e.g. consultants, lawyers, etc) will understand the importance of TRISA and advise their clients to register and engage the network.
|Initiatives started in…|
As the market and regulatory landscape changes, TRISA continues to receive feedback from VASPs as a channel to adapt the protocol and offer practical solutions. VASPs can send requests or feedback to [email protected].
The Travel Rule Information Sharing Alliance (TRISA) is a professional working group of VASP operators, Travel Rule solution providers, regulators, advisors, and technical implementers dedicated to making cross-border exchanges of cryptocurrencies safe and lawful. TRISA consists of several components including:
- The TRISA Working Group, a 501(c)(6) professional organization
- A white paper that describes a protocol for an open source, interoperable, and decentralized messaging layer for Travel Rule compliance
- The Global Directory Service, a network of trusted VASPs with TRISA as the Trusted VASP Certificate Authority
- An open source Github repository with documentation to implement secure messaging between VASPs